Holy Cross, Wallsend, Tyne & Wear, England
1950s postcard of the Holy Cross, Wallsend, Tyne & Wear, England.
The Church of the Holy Cross dates back to 1145AD and was built by the monks from Jarrow Priory using Roman stone taken from the nearby Hadrian's Wall. The church was used for public worship until 1798 after which time it became derelict, the stone foundations and grave were restored and a steel railing erected in 1909 to protect the site. Source
Other Wallsend Old Postcards:
1910 Rising Sun Coal Mine Wallsend Postcard
1960s Photo Of Wallsend, Tyne and Wear, England Taken From The Air
High Street East, Wallsend-on-Tyne, England - 1960s Postcard