A 1970s postcard of The Roman Wall or also called Hadrian's Wall. This photo is at Cuddy's Cag.
Information on the Postcard:
The 73 mile wall was built between 122 and 130 A.D under the orders of the Emperor Hadrian, and finally abandoned in 383 A.D. There are large forts for 1000 men at intervals of about 5 miles and smaller 'mile castles' at intervals of a Roman mile, to hold a garrison of 50 men.